This is a blog that contains: struggles, triumphs, crafts, recipes and stories to brighten your day and make you smile, laugh, and say well things aren't all that bad!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipes Part 2: Chicken mushroom surprise

The ideal recipe for me is quick, not alot of ingredients and tastes yummy. (Don't you agree.) Here is another one of those. It is not gourmet but to my husband's discerning (wink wink) palate it is heaven. It was actually first my mother in law's recipe so Koodos. Thank you for this life saver recipe.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts** (in my case 2)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup or Cream of Chicken
or you can do half and half Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken (but only if you have something to do with the other half) I have an enchilada recipe I will post that will help you use those two left over cans.

Serve with Rice or veggies.

1. Butterfly the chicken breast, I like to do this so it cooks faster. If you are like me the first time you will have to you tube butterfly chicken so you can watch how to do it. If you are more evolved than that aren't you just the iron chef!

2. Heat medium size skillet over medium-heat heat and prime with some olive oil or a little pam so your meat won't stick. Pan-fry the chicken approximately 8-9 minutes on each side until done.

3. Turn heat to low add the cream of mushroom or chicken soup over the chicken and cook for a couple more minutes.

Mr. Likes it over rice but to make this meal more healthy add some veggies on the side.
**You can also substitute pork chops for chicken breasts

No comments: