This is a blog that contains: struggles, triumphs, crafts, recipes and stories to brighten your day and make you smile, laugh, and say well things aren't all that bad!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Chocolate Wasted Cake

Mr. and I had a Sunday afternoon in the Kitchen yesterday. We sometimes set out to make creations and I think it is so fun that sometimes Mr. cooks with me.

We had a Chili Cook Off and Cake Auction at Church yesterday. Mr. was an esteemed judge at the cook off which meant we had to arrive early so our cake was not ready for the auction. The cake was still bought by a friend for a whopping $60 towards the church fundraiser. So the cake and all our hard work still went to a good cause! Better Late than Never!

I topped the cake with leftover chocolate whoppers, Reeses, and kit kats from the Trunk er Treat the night before!

Here is the recipe. A couple changes I made:
- I wanted to try a mini cake so I poured the batter into a 9x13 in rectangular pan, cut the circular layers out with a bread knife using a bowl as my guide but you could use a biscuit cutter I just didn't have one and I wanted the cake slightly bigger than that.
- I halved the icing recipe
- I also omitted the chocolate chips from the cake recipe because I am using the left over cake for cake balls and I didn't know what the chips would do to the consistency of the cake.
- I did not drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cake. That would have been as Mr. put it more "aesthetically pleasing" but after a long day it just wasn't happening. And I'm sure it was just as yummy!

This is a yummy chocolate cake recipe though. (very moist)

No comments: