This is a blog that contains: struggles, triumphs, crafts, recipes and stories to brighten your day and make you smile, laugh, and say well things aren't all that bad!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

BBQ Pork Surprise

The surprise is that this recipe is super easy! All you need is time, no skill for this one! It is an adaptation of tons of other Crock Pot BBQ recipes out there but this is my version and it is super easy. I made it with this sauce that Mr. grew up eating with his family on their trips to South Carolina but you can make it with any BBQ sauce! I made it the first time for a family dinner over the holidays and it was a crowd pleaser. Serve with a bread, pickles, salad, potato salad, baked beans, or whatever your craving to round out the plate!

Pulled Pork BBQ
Cook time 10 hours and 20 minutes
Hands on time < 10 minutes :)
Difficulty: If you can measure water you have the skills for this one!

Ingredients:
1. Pork Shoulder any size my Kroger only has it in like 8 pound hunks so I cut that in half sometimes and freeze the other half.**
2. 1.5 cups water
3. .5-1 bottle BBQ sauce

Equipment:
Crock pot

1. Pour water into crock pot and add pork shoulder. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

2. After the 8-10 hour, drain the excess liquid. Attack it with two forks the meat will fall apart so this won't take too much time or effort.

3. Add your BBQ sauce and cook on low 20 minutes.

You are done!!


**You could also make it all at one time and put the left overs in ziplocs and freeze. I have not tried this as left overs go fast in my house, but I hear it works!

No comments: