This is a blog that contains: struggles, triumphs, crafts, recipes and stories to brighten your day and make you smile, laugh, and say well things aren't all that bad!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book Review/Reflection: the five people you meet in heaven.

I had read Tuesdays with Morrie, so when I passed this in the library I thought. Yes, I have always had this on my book wish list.

This book is a story about how our lives are entwined. Reminded me a little of Water for elephants but just because of the Carnival setting! Also, I loved that it was told from a man's perscpective. I guess I tend to read books about females and self-discovery. The book was philosophical but with a good story line that kept you interested. I loved the husband and wife interact in this story.

This book is little, it is a good short read and it is beautiful and makes you think.
PS. I liked it better than Tuesdays with Morrie which is also a good book if you are needing a nice little story. But I would say don't read the two back to back because Albom's style (philosophy heavy) is best if you take it in small bites so you can absorb all the goodness!

No comments: