This is a blog that contains: struggles, triumphs, crafts, recipes and stories to brighten your day and make you smile, laugh, and say well things aren't all that bad!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Live.

I saw a really hard case today in the clinic. A kid who had an incurable neurologic disorder that would leave him senile and is fatal most often by age 12. We can't do anything to stop it's progression or fix it. As if that's not bad enough the mom lost her husband in an accident weeks before she got the diagnosis.

Sad. But ... While I was sad for this family I also knew this child's life was a gift/just like my life is a gift. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by life and worry and I see it as more of a chore than a gift. But last night I had a wonderful peaceful relaxing night with my husband and as I walked out of that room with that family I decided I wanted to live every night like I did last night. So I would have no regrets. We don't know how long we get on this earth, and I don't know how long I will have my husband (hopefully many long years) but I am not guaranteed that and I am going to try and remember that life is a precious gift.

No comments: